Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Lies and the Truth

              Today I made up some cheesy cliches on the dangers of lying and falsehoods, I struggled with how to frame them.  The real issue is that is truth an ambiguous term or is it simply getting harder to find.  As a student in college I find it so tiring to always have some sort of filter on.  I go to class and teachers don't teach as much as they influence with their own propaganda.  I feel as though I long for the day when I could simply learn and turn off my brain.  Perhaps I was naive to think that even in those days agendas weren't being kept.

                 As a Christian I am called, if not warned to, guard my thoughts.  This seemed so much easier years ago.  It seems now if you have a computer and internet you can express any self-promoting truth you wish.  And then, of course there are legions of followers out there wiling to drink your cool-aide without needing any morsel of evidence or fact.   There like threads not even strings but small threads of falsehoods weaving themselves into our lives and thoughts.  They have on each of their own merit individually been discredited and file away as heresy or lies, yet some self-serving group having not the strength in their own threads of thought opened the draw to a bounty of lesser yarns and spun with them to create cords of consciousness that bewilder and lead astray.

                  I feel like it is as though each day I go to learn I am picking through these strands that would bind my reason and hold captive my conscious.  If I don't fight and cut these threads or cords then I will myself be bound by them.  The goal is to silence the truth, or to tire out those who possess it.  They will try to bind you with large philosophies contrary to scripture and as a ships bow tie you may slip easily out of those bonds but then they will not cease.  They will pursue you with silk threads, soft laces and tell you that these are complimentary and flattering.  But make no mistake they are the cords of slavery.

      Choose wisely admittance given to those who would plant seeds in your mind.  Trust only scripture.  Sharpen your conscience.  Criticize and question any that would proclaim truth or new truth, especially outside of scripture.  As they say, "the life you save may be your own"

No comments:

Post a Comment